Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 1780 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Few questions
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »

Quote from: Qwicol link=topic=84040.msg2255804#msg2255804 date=1304892621
I know that balistas and catapults have friendly fire, what about bows and crossbows?
[/quote

Almost certainly not.  I've never had it happen or heard of it happening.

Is it possible for a "something" with bilding destroyer to destroy bridge?

Theoretically it should be, but in practice they never seem to.  Building destroyers walk right over bridges without destroying them, and don't seem to be able to destroy single-tile drawbridges used as doors.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 05:53:09 pm »

Raised bridges are treated as natural walls. The destroyer part in relation to them means if something is big and heavy (trolls, IIRC) the bridge won't raise, and if there's something under them, I've heard they can deconstruct. I've never tried that though, my bridges don't extend onto solid ground just in case.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 06:34:44 pm »

I've never seen friendly fire with crossbows.  Toady (fortunately) has not implemented that level of chaos yet.

You can have a goblin surrounded by half a dozen melee dwarves with crossbow dwarves shooting merrily away, and no bolts will hit the melee dwarves.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 07:30:38 pm »

MoAr questions:

I know that balistas and catapults have friendly fire, what about bows and crossbows?

Is it possible for a "something" with bilding destroyer to destroy bridge?

Only ballistas have friendly fire.

Correction: Catapults can also hurt friendlies, but only if they are standing near the target.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:33:04 pm by Andal »
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 03:57:58 pm »

Is dungeon master still broken in .25?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »

Is dungeon master still broken in .25?
Yes.

The most common solution to the absence is minor raw changes: Animals with the [PET] tag are trainable, where the [PET_EXOTIC] doesn't allow them to be trained without the dungeon master. Simply remove the "_EXOTIC" and you can tame dragons and the like.

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »

Dungeon master sould come after achieving baron/baroness. Correct? He cannot be appointed, yes? Is it possible to edit raw in such manner to allow baron to appoint dungeon master? Possibility of taming dragons and others in undwarfly in my opinion.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »

As far as I know, there is no way to include the dungeon master. There have been some reports of getting one, but it's mostly impossible. Even if you get a baron, I don't think he can appoint a dungeon master (in most cases).

If you think that certain creatures shouldn't be naturally tamed, just leave the [PET_EXOTIC] tag on or don't train them until you see fit to. I, personally, believe every fortress has the right to have a tamed dragon, so I've made it possible. (I also made badgers trainable, but that's another matter.)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 05:56:58 pm »

I think the nobles can be modded so they can be appointed by the expedition leader (or the player) but they won't do the jobs they're normally intended to do.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »

But according to wiki dungeon master enables training of exotic animals. He dont have to conduct the process.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 06:04:25 pm »

It's been attempted. Making them appointed nobles allows their existence, but not their function. You'd have a dungeon master in name only; he wouldn't do any more than your mayor does.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
Pages: 1 [2]