Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Info on a fight  (Read 936 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Info on a fight
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »

So..my sword dwarf, for no reason that I can tell, decided to walk out into the hallway, and pummel one of my highly skilled brewers to death. he shouldn't have had any trouble. I was giving them some rest months each year, and there weren't any bad events really going on in the fort. Lots of food, nice dining rooms, bedrooms, etc. According to his thoughts he's a calm dwarf.. I guess he calmly beat the guy to death in the hallway in front of a dozen people..

is there anyway to get any in depth information on their interaction?

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Info on a fight
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:40:14 pm »

Any mandates lately?
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:48:03 pm »

nope, just prohibited exports, but they were weird stuff that no one would ever trade

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:49:50 pm »

Did you check the justice screen to verify the sworddwarf wasn't acting for the law?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 12:21:45 am »

Did you check the justice screen to verify the sworddwarf wasn't acting for the law?
Ah
he violated a production order, but I didn't notice any mandates..strange..

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:03:22 am »

I believe hitting the "r" key gives you a list of recent combat logs.

I'm pretty sure it's "r".
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:06:17 am »

I believe hitting the "r" key gives you a list of recent combat logs.

I'm pretty sure it's "r".

I knew about the combat logs, I wanted to know if I could find out any more information on what happened..say why they were fighting. In this case there was apparently a ghost mandate or something that caused him to break the law, but I have no idea what that was.

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:38:22 am »

Did you replace your mayor for your favorite dwarf? The evicted one will still apply his mandates, if he had any.

You can know from which dwarf the production order was coming in the justice submenu.

Build restraints and set them as rooms with use by justice. Most criminals will get imprisonment instead of a beating (that kills them).
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:20 am »

This is why you need enough chains marked for justice.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:31:28 pm »

Make your jails 3X3, add food and booze stockpiles, and a bit of furniture, engravings etc. Preferably a chair and table. Dwarven Rehabilitation Centre!
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?