Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What would you most like fixed/added?  (Read 670 times)

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What would you most like fixed/added?
« on: May 06, 2011, 06:59:58 pm »

Alright, I figure Toady will fix things in the order he likes and is able to, but I'm still curious what all most people would most like fixed.

Personally, I think the thing I'd most like fixed is the Dungeon Master. I like animals, and I started fairly recently, and haven't yet been able to play a version with him working!

After that I think would like animals fixed so that all of the grass-eating animals can actually support themselves, probably from Yaks upward, and maybe have fighting lowered a tad, and the animals' tendency to all bunch up (and possibly battle) when there's a whole pasture for them to spread out in.

After that... probably weapon/uniform problems fixed so that I don't have to worry about any problems in assigning miners/woodcutters/hunters to squads. And the problems with things like soapmaking, milling and pressing and their related stockpiles fixed so that we don't run into the bugs that act like we don't have the materials/ability to do them when we do.

While these aren't bugfixes... I'd also love love love to see a better interface for dealing with animals. Like, list them in the animals screen and in the pasture interface by animal type or current pasture or something, so that if we're slaughtering some/moving pastures/whatever, we don't have to go through a completely random (well, by "age" but random as far as anything useful goes) list of animals, picking a few out as our eyes glaze.

It'd also be nice to see some sort of "veterinarian" tasks, to heal up animals so that I don't always have to see the poor things with diagnosis requests, bright flashing injury signs, etc etc.

So what about everyone else? What would you most like to see fixed/added?

Gunslinger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What would you most like fixed/added?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 07:06:34 pm »

Dungeon Master problems can be solved by removing the [EXOTIC] tokens. As well as grass-eating animal problems by removing any tags related to grazer values and herbivore tags, I believe.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »

Well, I know I'm in the minority, but I just tend to like generally playing the game as given, not modding it. I might do a bit of modding to fix obvious bugs, but I'd like to be able to play the game mostly as intended. :/ And it's a kind of fine line to try to figure out, say, just how to modify the grazing values to have them working as intended, and just modifying them way lower to make it a no-brainer to keep animals going.

Gunslinger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:19 pm »

Maybe reconsider your food sources/animal choice? Just living around a beach gets me a whole boatload of beached whales, enough to feed me for many lifetimes.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:17:05 pm »

The thing that I want fixed the most is military movements. I want to be able to make my archers move ACTUALLY WHERE I WANT THEM TO GO rather than having them go to the wrong side of my walls because I didn't make an absurdly large space between the wall and the path. (Especially since low skilled archers CAN'T SHOOT THROUGH FORTIFICATIONS THEY ARE NOT NEXT TO, and the archers oftenwon't go up to the fortifications). I would find it an acceptable anti-mass-stacking measure for players to be able to order individual units precisely while not able to order multiple to the precise same square.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:16 pm »

I'd like to see clothing fixed.  I'd like to be able to make clothing and actually have dwarves pick it up and replace their old worn clothing with new stuff without me having to assign them to the military and give them a uniform.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »

Economy.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 07:31:53 pm »

I really want clothing fixed, just because of what an awesome industry that would be if you could actually count on dwarves wearing the stuff you make. I would love to see a comeback of all of the philosophers, and other random nobles that used to appear in 40d (as I understand), as well as the dungeon master (though I do edit out the exotic tag)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:47:37 pm »

Though many of the ones mentioned also appeal to me, currently I'd simply like workshops that let me designate specific materials, like marble blocks or palm beds, etc.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:31 pm »

I lost a fortress due to FB blood and no clothes. I had made hundreds of socks in anticipation of this problem and while many socks were claimed, none were worn. I'd like to see this fixed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »

I'm just waiting for the things on the endless To-Do list. Such as custom liquids, and the dead rising up.

Booze falls pouring onto a zombie horde, while the zombies are charging at elves. The plasma cannon is ready!