Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (R)oom Menu Question  (Read 664 times)

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
(R)oom Menu Question
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »

So I checked the wiki, and did a quick search of the forums, and couldn't find anything, so here goes.

When checking the (R)ooms menu, two of my Duke's rooms, the Royal Mausoleum and the Royal Bedroom, appear in bright red with a "(S)" next to them. What in the blue blazes does that mean? I've double checked, there are no rooms of similar quality to be jealous of, he's had no negative thoughts from subordinates' rooms, and both he and his spouse approve of the rooms. So what gives? Not really vital, as nobody's tantruming or annoyed, but I'd like to know.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: (R)oom Menu Question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:24:24 pm »

(S)pouse maybe?  Have any other married dwarves who have their own room?

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »

Good guess, but the Militia Commander and my Mayor are hitched with a shared set of rooms, and no such markings. Additionally, it's only the mausoleum (not shared) and the bedroom; the dining room and office, shared and unshared respectively, are in standard white with no (S).
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 08:33:28 pm »

Are there any demands?  Does he want a gem window in these rooms or something?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:39 pm »

It means that they overlap with another room or zone. I'm not sure what the (S) signifies, but AFAIK it shows up whenever the red lines do, which signify overlapping rooms.

Rooms that overlap with another room or zone take a 75% value hit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:43:32 pm by NecroRebel »
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:10 pm »

...DING! Winner!

Thanks, didn't realize they were sharing the mausoleum hallway. As soon as I dropped the hallway from the bedroom, (S) and the redness disappeared. Thanks both of you for the help!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 08:44:43 pm »

...DING! Winner!

Thanks, didn't realize they were sharing the mausoleum hallway. As soon as I dropped the hallway from the bedroom, (S) and the redness disappeared. Thanks both of you for the help!
Having tested this, I can now say that zones don't cause the value drop; just overlapping rooms. I had been sure that I had had problems with rooms having decreased value due to zones before, but it seems I was mistaken.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what the heck that (S) is supposed to stand for  ???
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:47:19 pm »

Shared?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:08 pm »

Shared?
Nope. My duke's and mayor's throne rooms and mausoleums aren't shared, and the (S) appears next to the names. Also, one of my married soldier's bedrooms is owned by them and their spouse, but doesn't have the (S).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 08:52:15 pm »

"Shared" as in "shares floorspace with another room".