Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turning off Masterpiece Spam  (Read 1232 times)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turning off Masterpiece Spam
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:52:50 am »

...Okay, am I missing something stupidly simple here?

I'm kind of sick of the "Urist McSomething has created a Masterpiece!" spam getting in the way of my more important alerts.

So, I go into DF/init, open up announcements, and get editin'. I removed D_D and A_D from both [MASTERPIECE_ARCHITECTURE:] and [MASTERPIECE_CONSTRUCTION:] and then re-started DF.

And the spam is still there. ;.;

So I try turning the square brackets to curved brackets to remove the init from looking at the lines.

And the spam is still there. ;.; ;.;

The save was created before I tinkered with announcements, but I went looking in the save folder and there doesn't appear to be announcements anywhere there, and although I'm using the LNP (for the awesome utility list) there's no options I could find there either.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to completely remove the two lines? I was leery of doing that since someday I might want to, y'know, turn the spam back on. I would have thought that removing A_D and D_D would have worked...
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turning off Masterpiece Spam
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 12:00:30 pm »

Hmm...that is a problem--I am being spammed by a child who wants his sock, which is in the sealed room with a bronze collosus.  Two dwarves missing their arms are constantly trying to get dressed, and you...you are suffering because someone is pumping out masterworks faster than the eye can see.

I've never been one to say this but-- try magma?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »

I vote for 'redefine success to be "what is happening" and walk away'.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:09:12 pm »

It looks like those two lines only deal with buildings and constructions.  I looked through the file and couldn't find anything for crafted masterpieces.  So no idea, sorry.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:20:18 pm »

Hmm...that is a problem--I am being spammed by a child who wants his sock, which is in the sealed room with a bronze collosus.  Two dwarves missing their arms are constantly trying to get dressed, and you...you are suffering because someone is pumping out masterworks faster than the eye can see.

I've never been one to say this but-- try magma?

Well, it's not that they're creating them faster than the eye can see, but that the spam is covering things like capybaras interrupting my miners and killing the lot of them, then descending on the rest of my fort. Little things like that.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.