Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old Age  (Read 895 times)

Tyius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Old Age
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:54:22 pm »

never seen it on the wiki (probably because of all the suicide missions(I'm assuming im not the only one that does that)), but do people ever die from old age in LCS?
The murders are for their own good. I regret none of them. All were sound decisions made to balance the scales in favor of prosperity.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Old Age
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:42:28 pm »

Edit:  Comment retracted cause I didnt know what I was talking about
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:13:30 am by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:45:25 pm »

Yes, people can die from old age.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 12:03:10 am »

To be specific, characters lose health stat somewhat randomly after passing a certain age threshold, and once it hits zero, the character dies.

I'd post the exact math but I'm at work and shouldn't dive the source here (LCS source, that is).
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Tyius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 12:51:21 am »

Alright, thank you for the confirmation, the mixed response was confusing.  So as a rule of thumb have a replacement ready for my leader before he's too old...  Good to know.
The murders are for their own good. I regret none of them. All were sound decisions made to balance the scales in favor of prosperity.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 01:01:04 am »

It should't be a problem, really, unless your organization has to wait for a very long time (jail). If you don't suffer immense setbacks, you'll typically win the game in 2010's or perhaps 2020's. And when your leader really reaches the age when health starts to degrade (I think it was 70 or 80), you'll still have some time to take advantage of the charisma boost given by age to recruit a good follower (if you haven't done so before!).
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04