Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silver in weapon traps  (Read 655 times)

Tyius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Silver in weapon traps
« on: May 04, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »

would the spiked ball or the warhammer do a better job at crushing goblins to jelly?
The murders are for their own good. I regret none of them. All were sound decisions made to balance the scales in favor of prosperity.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: Silver in weapon traps
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »

Go for spiked balls. As I recall, they have penetration which is influenced by weight, and silver is heavy shit.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:21:59 pm »

Could you rephraes your question? I'm not quite sure what you're after - flavour, lethality, reliability of softening them up, maintenance...

Technically, balls don't crush: they poke. The body just adds momentum to a triple attack of very pointy, rather short spikes.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 04:23:21 pm »

Try both.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 04:26:58 pm »

All of them.  I like my weapon traps to be a variable swiss army knife of weapons flying at critters.

I do tend to use silver spiked balls but I find silver warhammers work a lot better if I want to kill as the spiked balls tend to just wound while the hammer shatters.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:27:13 pm »

All of them.  I like my weapon traps to be a variable swiss army knife of weapons flying at critters.

I do tend to use silver spiked balls but I find silver warhammers work a lot better if I want to kill as the spiked balls tend to just wound while the hammer shatters.
Huh, I had figured that the three attacks would work out better. Good to know about the hammers.
Soaplent green is goblins!