Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: and now what...  (Read 1272 times)

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: and now what...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 12:34:03 pm »

So I've taken on a megaproject myself to CAGE the circus. Will those flame demons destroy the wooden cages before they trigger? Am I going to have to reset all my cage traps with adamantine traps and mechanisms? I don't think I have enough left for 200 cages plus mechanisms.

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 12:39:45 pm »

Well i tried to cage them with adamantine cages, but they are immune to traps (regardless of the material).

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 12:40:20 pm »

The traps may deconstruct after they capture one, but the cages themselves should probably be alright.

I you manage to do it, make sure to tell us the results.
 (Also, Clowns are immune to traps, so you'll have to have a GCS web them first to get them to trigger.)

EDIT: Ninja'd, like a boss.

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »

(Also, Clowns are immune to traps, so you'll have to have a GCS web them first to get them to trigger.)
GCS?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »

Giant cave spider, a horrible creature that spit webs. You can get them to web the cages, then anything that goes over the trap will be captured.
This includes your own dwarves, so be careful.

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 01:09:09 pm »

so you can get the GCS to web the cage, let's say by having a gobelin in it for example, then set up a trap with this cage an capture a demon???

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 02:59:28 pm »

No. First you build a cage trap, and then make the GCS spit web on the same tile as the cage trap. Then you can capture a clown. Hehe, just don't try to haul these cages...

In others words, if theres web on the same tile where theres a trap, then the trap will work with trap immune creatures.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:15 pm »

actually it depends on how the lever was initially triggered when linked to the trap
No it doesn't. Spikes retract when the lever attached to them goes from facing left to facing right, and shoot out when the lever attached to them goes from facing right to facing left. That vast majority of lever-linkable things work like this; the one and only exception is gear assemblies, which actually toggle. Everything else has one "on" state and one "off" state, and levers send "on" or "off" signals, depending on their own initial state, that cause any linked objects to move to the corresponding state.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »

I did it!!!

I killed them all! I wonder what kind of trophy I can do with their bones....

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 06:04:07 pm »

A few precisions: I did the spike/lever trick, with a 3 x 12 tiles room with 10 adamantine spikes on each, all linked to one lever. After the demons were released, I waited until they reached the spike room and I killed most of them by keeping on activating the lever. I killed the remaining demons (about 20, quite a lot but they were already injured).

Now I am struggling to recover the corpses of the dead dwarfs and their equipment, as the place is toxic, probably due to the demons blood covering the place.

I would love to revisit the place in adventure mode but I have no idea how, I have never tried this mode before
Pages: 1 [2]