Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tantrum Resistance  (Read 4542 times)

kapusta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tantrum Resistance
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

Instead of a meeting zone with a puppy gore shower, have a burrow-alert force everyone to drop what they're doing to attend the show.

Oh, and also, not having dining rooms gets rid of parties.
Parties are thrown around meeting zones defined from buildings. So dining rooms can only host parties if you specifically say it's a meeting hall on top of being a dining room. To get around this, use zones instead to have meeting areas defined.

Is this a recent change? I recall that the last time I had a common dining room (in 31.03, I think), parties were being thrown all the time, and I did nothing other than designating an area as a dining room.

Regardless, my strategy is aimed at minimising interaction between dwarves, so that means no meeting areas of any kind.

goge: Yea, that's what I like so much about this setup, and it's incredibly resilient in cases of mass casualties. Hell, I don't even have legendary engravings or statues or meals, and my dwarves still stay at around 100 happiness, which is just fine with me.

Ganondwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 11:05:31 pm »

I didn't read every post, so maybe this has already been said, but...
Is it possible to just not let dwarves die (in combat)? I'm thinking Boatmurdered's Final Solutiontm here. It wouldn't handle the caverns, but...well actually...hm...

FILLS CAVERNS TO THE BRIM WITH THE BLOOD OF THE EARTH! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!!

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 11:48:16 pm »

Butchering doesn't give any "does not care" mood.  Only violent deaths count.

Oops, guess I was looking at my military and the guy who lost 2 kids.  Thought it was due to the butcher shops in the main hallway.

On topic: Lots of chicks or poults assigned to a pasture on a retracting bridge over the meeting room.  Chickens and turkeys seem the best bet due to the number of eggs they lay.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.
Pages: 1 2 [3]