Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a 3D visualizer  (Read 825 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a 3D visualizer
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:01:48 pm »

I'm looking for a 3D visualizers, and I'm a little out of the loop as to which are currently up-to-date.  The wiki only lists two visualizers: Stonesense and Fortress Overseer.

The former is not quite what I'm looking for.  The latter is what I'm looking for, but doesn't seem to like my video card.  Are there any others?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a 3D visualizer
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:49:58 pm »

Nope

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:25 am »

Overseer 3D 0.51 is the latest version.  You may need to play around with its init files if it doesn't like your video card.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:51 am »

Stonesense has been very up-to-date, though it may require a little muddling about to get it to work perfectly at times (especially updating an existing Stonesense to work with a newly-released DF) but it's isometric, so it doesn't have the great 3D visuals that overseer would.  For that matter though, I haven't actually heard that Overseer is updating at all, so perhaps you should be happy with what you can get and be thankful you're not in ASCII :P

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:39 am »

I love ASCII, but I want something to view mega constructions.

I posted my problem on the overseer thread, but the designer said it was a problem with ogre and it appears to be linked to my video card.