Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McHunter needs a kick in the head  (Read 942 times)

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McHunter needs a kick in the head
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:09:22 am »

Well i'm not sure what's going on now, i have a single hunter wandering around with quiver and crossbow, however he won't pick up any ammunition. He's been hunting for ages quite happily, but at one point i ran out of bones to make into bolts. He loaded up with copper bolts and carried on till that quiver ran out, then... stopped.
He won't pick up any ammunition at all, stockpiled or just lying around on the ground... He has ammo assigned in the military screen, with no material set, he just won't pick anything up.
My actual military are happily murdering anything that wanders near me with ranged fire, so normal crossbow troops appear to be working fine, just not the hunter!

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McHunter needs a kick in the head
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:23:49 am »

Have you tried making him do hauling/another labor for a while then reassigning him to hunting? Also do you have spare quivers? Something could always have happened to his. Leaving him with no quiver to use.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:28:31 am »

Tried that, he does whatever job i assign him, then when i reset him to hunter he goes  and grabs a quiver and crossbow... but doesn't pick up ammo. I have plenty of spare quivers, and i've checked his inventory, he is definitely carrying one, it's just empty.
Checking the ammo screen in the military interface shows he has been assigned a stack of 25 copper bolts, but he doesn't pick them up, just wanders around with no job. I've tried giving him specific material bolts but he doesn't pick anything up no matter what material i assign.

He's going to be joining the cavern exploration team soon, and theirs two FB's spawned in the caverns already...

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:40:17 am »

Do you have more bolts than you have Military squads assigned bolts?  If not the other squads might be hoarding them.

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:51:58 am »

This just happened to me.

Do you have any bolts? That was my problem...
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 08:39:55 am »

Does he have target wildlife?
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it