Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FB Defense Force vs The Circus?  (Read 2067 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: FB Defense Force vs The Circus?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »

Gotta say, for 33 casualties with a dozen FBs, you're almost better off just using your normal dwarven army.

Not necessarily, I mean this way you don't lose as many dwarves. Then again you'll probably lose a few from the FBs...
Blargh.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »

Hmmm. Try redoing the experiment, this time with all the fell beasts only one tile away from where the deamons come thru? That way they engage as a group, rather than one at a time.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 12:04:26 am »

Any idea as to how each individual Forgotten Beast fared?

For instance, did one of them account for about twenty or so of the demons killed while the rest only picked off a handful or were the kills spread out fairly evenly amongst the FBs?

If the former, then you might have more success rigging it so that the demons have to fight their way through the weaker crowd first. That way, the more powerful FB can pick them off with less effort.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 01:18:47 am »

How did you get the FB's into new cages?

My cave spider friend did good at getting traps to catch them, but attempts to do anything with them resulted in several murdered dwarves and a suddenly legendary soldier.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 06:53:14 am »

wait...
how do you catch FBs in cage traps again?

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 06:57:23 am »

wait...
how do you catch FBs in cage traps again?
GCS webs in cage traps get everything, as I'm told.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 07:49:34 am »

Exactly 1 dozen FBs.
Any of them have the legendary 360 degrees cave in dust of death? I have heard no normal creature can withstand it, but I have also heard HFS might be immune to cave in dust. I think in general number of FBs is much less important than type of FBs. (Salt FB vs Andesite FB, for example). If the dust attack can hurt the HFS, try surruounding a FB with fortifications to act as a dust spewing bunker.
Soaplent green is goblins!

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:05 am »

Exactly 1 dozen FBs.
Any of them have the legendary 360 degrees cave in dust of death? I have heard no normal creature can withstand it, but I have also heard HFS might be immune to cave in dust. I think in general number of FBs is much less important than type of FBs. (Salt FB vs Andesite FB, for example). If the dust attack can hurt the HFS, try surruounding a FB with fortifications to act as a dust spewing bunker.

Doesn't the FB need to have a path their intended victim to use their special attacks?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 05:27:15 am »

There was a topic with a cleverly desinged gcs airlock like structure, but I lost it when I suddenly closed all the ff tabs .
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:28:54 am by Z1000000m »
Pages: 1 [2]