Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seige Engine Parts, a great trade good, or the BEST trade good  (Read 5556 times)

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
Re: Seige Engine Parts, a great trade good, or the BEST trade good
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 12:50:34 am »

I think the "best" trade good, as just a pure trade good, is obsidian rock crafts:
- fit inside of bins, not heavy
- a single masterwork craft item is worth 360
- with an obsidian caster, infinite amounts of obsidian can be made at almost no risk
- legendary stonecrafters tend to be pretty common (either from moods or because they are easy to train)

Basically it's like green glass crafts, except higher value per item and you trade sand collection for obsidian casting

I counter you with Green Glass Serrated Discs.  A masterwork one will sell for 3024 and you can still fit several inside a bin.  If you have a sand source and magma, it's the best source of rapid wealth outside of the food industry.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 02:46:29 am »

ROASTS FOREVER
A masterwork roast with the right ingredients (large stacks of food) will easily break 5000 dorfbux.
Good placing and timing gets me masterwork syrup roasts roasts with a flour bag and three barrels worth of syrup, generally around the 20k-30k neighborhood for each stack. It's good training for the cooks, too.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 07:00:37 am »

I like sewing images on goblin clothes , one "sew cloth image" job can turn a sock worth 30dwarfbucks into one worth 300dwarfbucks and the raw ingredients were all free unless you count growing the pigtail and dimple cup. but I have to stop doing that when the fort gets to a certain age because the dwarves all start claiming all the clothes :( I do the large serrated disk thing now. I only make mine out of copper because that's what the local goblinite yields when smelted, but I get legendary weaponsmiths out of it and I can buy out the caravans with byproducts if I want to.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:12 am »

Silver is another good material for discs.  Save the iron/steel ones for actual weapon traps that defend your fortress.
Pages: 1 [2]