Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary-Legendary Items  (Read 1130 times)

Andyfuji

• Bay Watcher
  • Chocolate Trotskies
    • View Profile
Legendary-Legendary Items
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:55:45 pm »

My friend's fortress just produced a legendary item worth 3,105,600☼.
This is it's description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone else get anything like this?

Andyfuji

• Bay Watcher
  • Chocolate Trotskies
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary-Legendary Items
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:56:40 pm »

There's more, I hit the 40000 character limit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:58:39 pm »

Yes.
See: Planepacked

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »

You... do realize that Planepacked is a well-known and documented artifact, right? Y'know, the one that you just copy-pasted the description for. Also, the method to create such things is known.

In short, don't try to claim things as "your friend's" that aren't, you lying liar who lies  >:(
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Lapsus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

My friend's fortress just produced a legendary item worth 3,105,600☼.
This is it's description:

-Planepacked-

Anyone else get anything like this?

Yes, "your friend" "just" produced this artifact in his fort, roughly 2.5 years ago, sure.

Andyfuji

• Bay Watcher
  • Chocolate Trotskies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »

You... do realize that Planepacked is a well-known and documented artifact, right? Y'know, the one that you just copy-pasted the description for. Also, the method to create such things is known.

In short, don't try to claim things as "your friend's" that aren't, you lying liar who lies  >:(

Wow... I did not know this existed.  I'll have to slap my friend when I see him later.  Thank for the info though, it's a cool glitch.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 07:32:25 pm »

Wow... I did not know this existed.  I'll have to slap my friend when I see him later.  Thank for the info though, it's a cool glitch.
its a glitch that has been fixed in later versions.
It can be reproduced using burrows in the recent releases.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 08:53:47 pm »

Also, you can forbid the stuff that the dwarf has brought to the workshop. This will cause the dwarf to run off and grab another item to replace the suddenly "missing" item. Then you can forbid that item and he'll keep running and getting new stuff and when you feel like stopping, just unforbid everything that you forbade earlier.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 09:16:52 pm »

Also, you can forbid the stuff that the dwarf has brought to the workshop. This will cause the dwarf to run off and grab another item to replace the suddenly "missing" item. Then you can forbid that item and he'll keep running and getting new stuff and when you feel like stopping, just unforbid everything that you forbade earlier.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually work - once you unforbid the items in the workshop, your haulers will be tasked with storing them in a stockpile.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:36:25 pm »

Well, if it doesn't work, then you can force your dwarf to choose valuable materials for max wealth gain.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."