Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prisoner hauling  (Read 766 times)

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prisoner hauling
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:10:52 pm »

So while playing the genesis mod I found that my dwarves would not place my caged prisoners in different already built cages when prompted. I used to do this with my goblin and troll prisoners, it seemed more effective to get them out of the way, reuse the cage and prevent unhappiness, among other things... What I actually want to know is if this happens in other mods that introduce new creatures/races. Has this happened to anyone else on genesis or some other mod?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner hauling
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:14:27 pm »

Given that any additional races are added in exactly the same way that Goblins were added to the raw files, I don't see how this could be in the slightest way a problem for mods.

You must be doing something wrong, in some way you're not noticing.

Does it still work for Gobbos?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:45:50 pm »

I haven't been attacked by them, but I'll try to get a fort near them next time.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:22:36 pm »

Ok, so after much messing around with prisoners in cages I noticed that the only dwarves who transfer prisoners from one place to another are animal trainers, I'm guessing this is what most likely happened to me back then, it has nothing to do with races and stuff, like I thought in the beggining. Then again it does leave me the question about the impact of the skill level on the transfer process, are higher level animal trainers less likely to screw up getting prisoners from one place to another? does this affect the transference of forgotten or legendary creatures? and obviously how in the HAPPY FUN PLACE do you train animal training anyway? and I mean in an effective way I don't think getting full of useless vermin is convenient, more over you would have to build a lot of animal traps and you would probably train trapping along the way... Oh well I just hope this shed some light on cages and prisoners.