Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't ever get away  (Read 1549 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't ever get away
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:45:18 pm »

Let me just tell everyone two things before we continue:

I haven't been able to play, let alone keep up with the development of, Dwarf Fortress since just before Bees. Secondly, this all came to me in a heat-induced coma-sleep.

I was talking in a chat room in this dream I had, discussing the finer points of Dwarf Fortress. But the game the few of my dream buddies were discussing was a variant of the fun game we all know and love. It had two modes, like our DF. The first involved overseeing a civilization's trade routes, micromanaging what your couple caravans sold and bought, as well as making sure your guards kept well trained and well equipped. The second mode was this dream-DF's version of Adventure mode. You play as the leader of a single caravan, training yourself in various forms of combat and speechcraft in order to protect, then sell, your goods. You pretty much just traveled from village to village, fortress to fortress, fighting off goblin and elven ambushes and raids, and keeping yourself from being robbed at the various stops.

You may be asking yourself, "MoP, what's your point?" There really isn't one. I just felt the need to share what my brain threw at me.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Can't ever get away
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »

heat-induced coma-sleep
Heatstroke-induced hallucinations? Sounds like a variation on strange moods to me. Maybe you saw the future? :o
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

heat-induced coma-sleep
Heatstroke-induced hallucinations? Sounds like a variation on strange moods to me. Maybe you saw the future? :o

Does making a thread on the Bay12 forums count as claiming a workshop?

If it does, I think we have an artifact DF mod in the making.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:04:26 pm »

The bad news being that you MIGHT keep your fever for a few years only to go stark raving mad when you realize nobody will ever bring you a green glass keyboard.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 06:43:21 pm »

Must be a bug, because I don't have any of the skills that correspond to this kind of workshop. Stark raving mad it must be!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:45:56 pm »

Heh, awesome dream!
Once I had some half-remembered dream where I was a member of a fort, and things were going horribly wrong, and it was made of lego for some reason... But I don't really remember that.
Anyway, I've been excited about the possibility of running/joining caravans for ages! One day, one day...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:09 am »

Anyway, I've been excited about the possibility of running/joining caravans for ages! One day, one day...

Most people will probably raid the caravans, then raise them from the dead.

Just sayin'.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:47:21 am »

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
And, somehow, they all ended up on this forum.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:58 pm »

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
And, somehow, they all ended up on this forum.
YES