Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting Fat?  (Read 4192 times)

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
Getting Fat?
« on: May 05, 2011, 03:03:25 pm »

So...i want to get fat! (With my adventurer, of course.)
Is it possible by eating or i should be 'born' fat?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Fat?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:28:31 pm »

i did do some tests on this few releases back and i can tell you that just eating will if you eat and sleep will make you fat.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:44 pm »

That's awesome! I always thought that fatness was a trait set in stone. Please create a log of your adventurer's journey to corpulence!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »

He died....quickly... Well, later I should try again. He died so thin! WHY?

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 06:51:43 pm »

Go spend a few hours of real time murdering animals till you have a massive stockpile of meat, then just eat and sleep and eat and sleep in some human fortress so you are safe from the bandits/bogeymen.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:17:51 pm »

Well, i got a muscular adventurer, and i'm making him eat some wolf meat, if i get him fat i give you some feedback.

Edit: 2 days of eating about 128 foodz and nothing...i don't think it works

Sad Edit 2: I got killed....by an bandit elf leader.... Why an ELF?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:04:57 pm by Darion »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:34:03 pm »

You should try sleeping a lot so time will pass because it probably takes some time to get fat

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:32 pm »

the tests i spoke of where arena and back when sleeping was super slow.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 06:15:19 pm »

I was doing something like: Eat 3 foods, wait for an hour, eat 3 more, wait... when it reached night i slept untill morning.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 07:39:12 pm »

Sleep in a human fortress so you don't get murdered at night.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »

With my dwarf I just killed a dragon, butchered it and got 320 meat.

I went to a town and started eating it so I could get fat. I'd eat 3 times and then wait an hour. I got down to 87 pieces of meat, so that's over 2/3 of a dragon, and haven't gained a single pound  :( . Maybe dragon meat is really lean? Should I go find a whale?
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 12:43:15 am »

Sounds like eating probably has no effect at all in adventure mode in this version.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 12:59:58 am »

It actually does have an effect. It just takes a while.

... What? I got bored and decided to test it.

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 01:06:18 am »

Entirely possible, I think the part that's messing you guys up is using the sleep/wait command.

Run around and do whatever until it lets you eat again instead of giving the "you are too full" message. I'm not sure if lowering your speed (laying down + sneaking, carrying a bunch of heavy stuff) while taking steps speeds up the process, it at least seems to. After a round or two of this, you should notice a change in your adventurer's description. What I have yet to determine is whether there's a cap on their weight, if it stops going up once it hits that highest level descriptor or if it keeps going.

... yes I decide to gather info on weird crap when bored, although this one was sort of spurred by an old bug report.
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".