Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loyalty cascade training room  (Read 1137 times)

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Loyalty cascade training room
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:25:41 pm »

as advertized: medium sized room with a grid of upright spikes using the real spikes not the whimpy training spears, each trap is controlled by it's own seperate lever in a second room.

Get 20 migrants, assign to two squads equip them with uniform of your choice and training weapons of choice. once they're all in lock the door, wall off the door and order one of the squads to kill a member of the other squad... wait till the fighting has stopped, look at the thoughts of the survivors checking to see if they are enemies of the fort. Pull the level on any dwarf of your choice. You could use this to set up a 2nd competing and hostile fort, or just train a badass melee unit or two.

Enjoy!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Loyalty cascade training room
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37:35 pm »

Have you attempted this and had any who WEREN'T an enemy of the state?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:23 pm »

Can't you only order the deaths of creatures not under your direct control, i.e. not your dwarves?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:55:49 pm »

That's the point of this training room, I believe.
By causing a Loyalty Cascade, soldiers of your Army will immediately attempt to kill them.
Actually..That would be awesome. Have a bunch of opposing Dwarf Clans, lead by Soldiers who are enemies of the State.
Have a Tournament every year, to determine who gets to take over the Grand Fortress. Only one Soldier is allowed per year.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 12:02:38 am »

Lever-activated impalement doesn't result in a loyalty cascade. Otherwise my last fort would have died ages ago.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 12:07:52 am »

Not unless you make it a squad of all friends, and then kill enough of the soldiers to make the remaining ones tantrum..With some completely unarmored, unarmed Dwarf-squads nearby.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 12:12:36 am »

Tanrum-related deaths do not result in a loyalty cascade, nor does killing a berzerk dwarf cause one.  For that matter, an armored soldier in a danger room will INCREASE their mood, as they seem to take some pleasure from skill gain and combat.

You have all of your ideas all wrong.  To induce cascade, order them to kill a stray animal (like a cat) and that should start one nicely.  This generally won't result in much training, however, but can be used to get opposing factions...

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 12:13:55 am »

Ah, thank you.
I knew it was the murder of an innocent SOMETHING, I just thought it was a Dwarf.
Apparently, Dwarves are perfectly good targets for murder. But Urist McBrainwashed's cat, however..

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 01:08:20 am »

The spikes are only for cleanup, so you can get rid of the unconcious enemies so your haulers can clean out the room after the still mobile dwarves have gone elsewhere.

If you need to you can get a dwarven merchant into the room, and order one of the squads to kill that dwarf. The idea is not to have beserk or tantruming dwarves, but actually have a loyalty cascade. the walled off door is just a precaution.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 01:12:49 am »

The problem is, loyalty cascades HAVE to be caused indirectly; as far as I can recall, you can't order a Dwarf to kill another Dwarf.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 01:18:51 am »

Even if you made an opposite faction, you couldn't fight it. As soon as one of your dwarf would hit one of the opposite faction, he would turn into an enemy. Also, wouldn't the opposite faction just kill each others?

Maybe I'm wrong in all those assumptions, I've never had a loyalty cascade.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 01:25:43 am »

No. That's the whole reason for having only one soldier per Squad, or the opposing Factions 'Champion.' They don't actually attack other dwarves, they just kinda GET attacked by other Military Dwarves and retaliate, until one or the other is dead.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 03:32:46 am »

I should note that after the fight between the two dorfs is over you have a new champion.
Since even attacking a loyalty cascade-infected dorf makes the attacker a part of the enemy group.