Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mini-Mod: Mood Weapons (v1.0)  (Read 1544 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Mini-Mod: Mood Weapons (v1.0)
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »

A popular element from my Legends of Forlorn Realms mod, I have uploaded a watered-down version of this concept for those who want it without the other features of LFR.

"Mood Weapons" are a creative use of the game's artifact system.  When a dwarf enters a strange mood (particularly if that dwarf is a weaponsmith or bowyer), the item that is created is randomly selected from the raws' defined items.  This selection ignores the entity file's permissions lists, allowing dwarves to create artifact weapons that would not otherwise be available.

This file simply defines a whole lot of new weapons (around 65) for the artifact system to select from.  While these weapons will not normally appear unless added to an entity's permissions, they can be created by dwarves in strange moods.  So if your weaponsmith enters a fey mood (assuming he hs no preferred weapon types), maybe you'll get a sword, or a dagger... or a pitchfork, or a serrated axe, or any of another 60+ other surprises.

This version includes all of the weapons used in LFR except for those that use unique reactions or ammunition otherwise intertwined in the workings of LFR's other files.

Download

I am considering this file finished, but I will update it if I ever decide to add more non-special weapons to LFR.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:33:29 am by narhiril »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Mod: Mood Weapons (v1.0)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:40:30 pm »

Wow, cool stuff!

I heartily approve!