Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Over 80 Dwarves, every position filled, over 500k in wealth, no Mayor.  (Read 717 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

So like, in my newest fort, I have over 80 dwarves at the moment, decent generated wealth, 5/6 artifacts, every noble position filled (including expedition leader) and so far no mayor has been elected. I have a sheriff and a militia captain with 9 dwarves under his command, and no mayor election, nothing.

Bug, or did I forget something? This is in 0.31.25
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile

So like, in my newest fort, I have over 80 dwarves at the moment, decent generated wealth, 5/6 artifacts, every noble position filled (including expedition leader) and so far no mayor has been elected. I have a sheriff and a militia captain with 9 dwarves under his command, and no mayor election, nothing.

Bug, or did I forget something? This is in 0.31.25

This happens to me sometimes. if you remove the dwarf from the Experdition leader position, leave vacant, and then leave the nobles screen you can force the update as they automatically elect a mayor. This normally works for me.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get a barony going with 144 dwarves and a couple of million in production. At the same time I have the 'ROAD TO CAPITIAL' option that I have never had before without ever seeing a duke, baron, or count. So I think the nobles might be a little broken at the moment.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes it takes a while. My current fort in 0.31.25 waited about a year after breaking 80 dwarves to elect a mayor. When they did, they elected a useless clothier with no friends or social skills that had immigrated there the previous week, without an announcement showing up. However, I was able to reassign the mayoral post to my expedition leader (?) who has since retained the job. I have also noticed barony & county taking a fair bit of time. That may be because the outpost liasion has to notice your fort's improvement, and tell the mountainhome, and then you get the news next season? I'm not sure. But the immigrants come faster than that so it seems to lag.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Every position... including dungeon master?  :o
You have to wait until the traders leave before you talk to the liaison. I hear it works for others, but I've never tried it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."