Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: please help me understand corpse, body parts and such...`  (Read 745 times)

silversurfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
please help me understand corpse, body parts and such...`
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:00:36 pm »

So I thought I know what I was doing but I cannot seem to move these items, ever.  I have tired creating a garbage area dumping them, a storage area for corpses and refuse and it all fails...   ???

HoaBinh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: please help me understand corpse, body parts and such...`
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »

Corpses and body parts gets stored in a refuse pile (p > r) but know that the standard order is to ignore refuse from outside, order menu  (o > r > o) to change that.

*edit* and of course, the dead might be set to be Forbidden. (o > F) menu shows what is Forbidden, often "Forbid other non-hunted dead" but I do think that is for people to be put inside a coffin like dwarves, traders and such.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:11:26 pm by HoaBinh »

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:05 pm »

corpse is it's own category in stockpiles 'y'. I always just combine this with the 'r' category.

Ensure they're no forbidden, use d->b->c to reclaim, then designate the whole area.

Go with the outside refuse orders too, but be careful, they can leave your fortress to get a dead bug (try forbidding stuff which is far away, using d->b->f, then designating)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:50:31 pm by Reelyanoob »

silversurfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »

Ahh that is so much better the grounds were just littered with trolls and goblins.  Now how to use these to make something cool... 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »

Ahh that is so much better the grounds were just littered with trolls and goblins.  Now how to use these to make something cool...
Easy. Set up custom stockpiles outside your gates/inside the first hallway of your fort that only accept goblin, troll, megabeast, etc corpses and body parts and such. Also elves, if you want that edge in trade.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02:09 pm »

*edit* and of course, the dead might be set to be Forbidden. (o > F) menu shows what is Forbidden, often "Forbid other non-hunted dead" but I do think that is for people to be put inside a coffin like dwarves, traders and such.

Those orders only apply at the time of death - they have no effect on any corpses or body parts that already exist.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.