Poll

Well, what happened?

I have no idea.
- 3 (15%)
No clue.
- 1 (5%)
Er...uh...huh?
- 13 (65%)
Ooh! Ooh! I know! (If you say this, post in the thread.)
- 3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Er...What happened to Adventure Mode?  (Read 2710 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Er...What happened to Adventure Mode?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 10:58:03 pm »

could you give us the raws so we can see what is wrong?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »

I...this is embarrassing...I don't know how. But I just added a few custom reactions, a custom race, played a while with no odd effects, removed the [MEGABEAST] tag from BC's, replaced dwarves with BC's in the [MOUNTAIN] entity, and replaced BC's with dwarves in said entity.
Oh, and at a couple points I temporarily removed one race or another, but they're all back now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »

On sending raws: Zip the raw folder, then upload to your favourite upload station.
On ADV mode disappearing: Correllation does not imply causation. Download DF again, and then copy over your custom raw files.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »

I know I, for one, have struggled with having DF crash in worldgen after adding mods.  I assumed that one of the many error log messages was the reason for it, but after fixing all of those errors and trying over and over again, it still crashed.  Turns out that there were some bad creature tokens in some megabeasts I had installed, that weren't being reported because they were legal tokens, but crashed whenever the beasts did some certain thing I wasn't aware of.

So yes, just because you changed one thing, then it crashed, doesn't mean that's what caused the crash.

Your best bet is to use something like WinMerge to find all differences in your files from whatever you started with.  It's probably something you'd never suspect.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 [2]