Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How To Make A Forum Game.  (Read 1694 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: How To Make A Forum Game.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 06:43:30 am »

Hey, some of them were awesome! Like YOU ARE WIZARD, YOU ARE LIZARD, and AoD's game ain't doing to bad either.

Of course those are only a handful of games among the hundreds that are out there...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 07:07:07 am »

I'd like to add that if your going to have serious puzzles in your games that you need to be very lenient and never disagree if you did something wrong, just let it slide past.

Also its best not to keep your graphic files on your desktop where they can be deleted by your relatives.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 07:50:15 am »

These are pretty good guidelines, though maybe you should change the title to 'How To Make A Forum Adventure'.

2 is (IMO) the most important of these. Unless you have a storyline behind you, you'll run out of steam very quickly. You can only write about random actions for so long. This doesn't mean you should railroad - keep the plot there in the background, visible for the players, but don't force them to act on it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 09:57:47 am »

Yeah, but when your players deside eating your macguffins and chucking the big dumb object over the cliff is more fun then finding out what it means, it gets a little tedious, so improvise often.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »

I'll add all of these in time. For now, I want to wander around.
Pages: 1 [2]