Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need some help generating a world.  (Read 435 times)

DaJonkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need some help generating a world.
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:52:14 am »

Hello there,

I figured I'd give generating worlds another go, as I normally spend 5 hours trying to find that perfect spot.

Basically, I want a spot, flat/flat as possible, with -a lot- of trees and shrubs, moving water, and the difficult thing, a vulcano with magma on the ground level or at most 5 levels below it.

So I would like to generate a world that's basically one huge thick forest with vulcano's in it.

I've been playing with the default settings and "change a little, see what it does" approach, but I'm thinking I should instead set everything to 0 and build it from the ground up.

Anyone bored at work give me some pointers on where to start?

- Protector of those who are always used in or are victim of dangerous experiments, random acts of violence, deliberate acts of unnecessary violence, unjust punishment by false blame of error, justed punishment by blame of trivial everyday stuff, oh and mythological species racism in general. (I help them with law stuff and filing basics forms, as claws, tentacles and whatnot can make that difficult... no forms no benefits, travel coverage, ect apparantly in this world *sigh*).

DryBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help generating a world.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:59:46 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64032.msg2183819#msg2183819

This is a pretty good thread to check out if you'd like to hone your world genning skills!

DaJonkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help generating a world.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:03 pm »

Oh jeez I feel stupid now.. every other post in that thread is about what I'm asking for.

Edit:  Thanks a lot for the link tho :D
- Protector of those who are always used in or are victim of dangerous experiments, random acts of violence, deliberate acts of unnecessary violence, unjust punishment by false blame of error, justed punishment by blame of trivial everyday stuff, oh and mythological species racism in general. (I help them with law stuff and filing basics forms, as claws, tentacles and whatnot can make that difficult... no forms no benefits, travel coverage, ect apparantly in this world *sigh*).