Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Space Rangers 2 - Maybe prison or the cold bitter death of vacuum!  (Read 1672 times)

Katal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This is my first LP, always read them but never tried running one... so here, let's give it a shot!

I'm going to be playing Space Rangers 2, a game that I played (briefly) and found fascinating but never sat down to play all the way through. It's primarily a turn-based space combat/trading game, with some fun side games (like text based adventures in prison) - I'll probably be skipping planetary battles because it's a horrendous RTS that I find tedious and ridiculously boring.

So let's give it a shot!

Here's the starting screen:

There are five races and five professions, and each combination gives different benefits or drawbacks. I could type them all out, but that seems lazy to know what we're getting ahead of time, so let's shoot in the dark (a bit). The name was auto selected. I'm going to keep it on Normal, since I haven't played this in a while, and I'm not turning Iron Will on - that's not an "Ironman" mode, it just makes it so the only saves are when you leave a planet. (I'd like to be able to save any time for the purposes of the LP).

So, post with what you want to see, since there are so many options I'll just pick whichever one looks the most awesome - later on when there are fewer decisions to make we can go for majority choice:

Race: (Maloq, Peleng, Human, Freyan, or Gaalian)
Profession: (Fighter, Mercenary, Merchant, Corsair, or Pirate)
Name:
Starting Skills: (Pick TWO - Accuracy, Maneuverability, Equipment, Trading, Charisma, Leadership)
Equipment: (Pick TWO - Fuel Tank, Engine, Radar, Scanner, Droid, Gripper, Shield Gen, Industrial Laser, Fragment Weapon, Lezka?, Rocket Launcher, Tretone)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:57:59 am by Katal »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I say you play in permadeath mode. It's self-chosen, of course.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

Race: Peleng
Profession: Corsair
Name: Jones
Starting Skills: Accuracy, Maneuverability
Equipment: Shield Gen, Rocket Launcher.

Destroy Everything and loot the burning corpse!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is awesome.

My vote goes for Human Fighter.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.