Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looms automatically used to turn thread into cloth...  (Read 773 times)

Itsapaul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looms automatically used to turn thread into cloth...
« on: April 21, 2011, 08:27:28 am »

Is this a feature now or what?  For some reason my cloth guy always turns any thread I have into cloth automatically, and I distinctly remember needing to manually do that in .18 before the mineral change.  Is this a new feature or is my guy just being really proactive?

PS - If this is a feature, I'd be all about setting stuff to automatically work assuming the fuel and/or supplies are there; this would make farming much less tedious and I wouldn't have to worry about SO many things.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looms automatically used to turn thread into cloth...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:41:33 am »

it's a workshop option under o-W. Auto loom thread y/n, collect webs y/n etc.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:42:43 am »

Auto-looming thread is an option you can turn on or off. It has been in the game for quite a while (it was in .40d). To access it hit 'o'rders then 'w'orkshop orders.

Note that there is currently a bug that makes hospitals not respect limits on thread or cloth stored inside the hospital, and thread and cloth in the hospital isn't used for crafting which can lead to problems.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:01:22 am »

Hair of butchered animals remains a in the thread state instead of being turned into cloth, but all other threads should work. If you have sheared something, you need to spin it into yarn first, and that does not happen automatically. Maybe that is the problem.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:59 am »

You can also set it to auto-loom dyed thread only. Which is useful.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,