Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armor Equip Limit (In-depth Question)  (Read 1931 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Equip Limit (In-depth Question)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 10:08:04 pm »

AFAICT, the mismatched equipment message means your dwarf changed their mind on what equipment they want while they're going to get a piece of equipment. For example, if Urist McMilitary is going to get a no-quality steel breastplate and Urist McArmorsmith finishes a good steel breastplate, Urist McMilitary will decide he wants the good breastplate instead and cancel getting the no-quality breastplate.

IMO, it happens way too often for that to be the sole cause... or even a typical cause.
Never pet a burning dog.

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »

AFAICT, the mismatched equipment message means your dwarf changed their mind on what equipment they want while they're going to get a piece of equipment. For example, if Urist McMilitary is going to get a no-quality steel breastplate and Urist McArmorsmith finishes a good steel breastplate, Urist McMilitary will decide he wants the good breastplate instead and cancel getting the no-quality breastplate.

IMO, it happens way too often for that to be the sole cause... or even a typical cause.
Every time you produce a new piece of armor it can potentially cause your entire military to change their equipment. The first military dwarf picks up the new piece and drops an old piece, then the second military dwarf picks up the dropped piece and drops another old piece, and so on. If you produce a second new piece of armor before the entire swap chain finishes, you'll get a cancellation. How often do you queue up multiple armor production jobs? I bet it's pretty often.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 12:03:18 am »

That explanation also makes a lot of sense.

I just know that I see it a lot during the upgrade cycle where I'm making 10 breastplates, 20 mail, 10 gauntlets, etc.  Then it quiets down again and the issue goes away.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 07:32:43 am »

This all makes sense. I had just started to go through a major iron boom (the caravan finally brought me some bars) when it was all going crazy with cancellations.
Pages: 1 [2]