Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Minor Tweaks  (Read 5678 times)

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Tweaks
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 02:03:26 am »

Adding the embark new items style filter search to trading would drastically speed up trading.

Imagine typing BIN, then selecting the 10-20 bins now left in the list.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »

Adding the embark new items style filter search to trading would drastically speed up trading.

Imagine typing BIN, then selecting the 10-20 bins now left in the list.

Indeed. This is especially ironic when you consider that you can already do this when selecting which items to bring to the depot, but not while selecting items to actually trade.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 11:51:00 am »

Multiple Z-level designations. If i want a 3x3 staircase that goes down 20 levels, i can currently make a macro that does a 3x3, drops a levels, does it again, drops and level and so on. it would be infinitely easier if I could select a square, drop down a few levels and, holding down, say, shift, hit enter again and have 20 levels of staircases all designated. Heaven.

And it always goes without saying: better channelling pathfinding. If the channel will isolate a tile designated to be channelled, it should be skipped until it isn't a problem.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]