Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Huge source of lag, orders screen!  (Read 381 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[38c] Huge source of lag, orders screen!
« on: February 26, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »

Disabling certain hauling jobs causes lag.  So does stopping dwarves from going outside, and maybe even large amounts of forbidden items.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Huge source of lag, orders screen!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 05:43:00 pm »

Pathfinding, canceled jobs, and more pathfinding is known to cause lag. Ever thing you've listed is a cause of Job cancels and Extra pathfinding.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Huge source of lag, orders screen!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

Yeah, but... they shouldn't try to find a path there in the first place?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.