Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sleeping on floor?  (Read 487 times)

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
sleeping on floor?
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »

got a legendary dwarf (designated hauler!)

.... who has a bedroom...

and she's sleeping on the floor in a barracks... (location probably coincidence)

noticed the room was "hijacked" by a wounded soldier (wounded for years.. ).. technically i suppose he was dumped there when the room wasn't assigned and has been there ever since! i guess i assigned the room  to the couple after they immigrated and nobody ever bothered chucking the sleeping corpse out (never did understand why that wounded was thrown in there when there was a closer hospital room with a bunch of empty beds)

the hauler is married to a macedwarf (stand down, sleep in room)

ps... economy has since kicked in... (which is irrelevant now that i've seen which bedroom it was)

btw.. the wounded has also been assigned to the fortress guard after being dumped there

---
assigned an extra room to the hauler... going to see if she'll be sleeping in it next time. (if i ever remember looking... going to be a long time before that happens anyway)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: sleeping on floor?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »

Is this a bug?  What is the bug?  You assigned a room to a guy and there was a wounded soldier in the bed already?  He's not going to sleep there if the bed is properly tagged (sometimes the tags mess up).  The bug is that the soldier was put in the bed to begin with?  If there's a nice room to put somebody in and it isn't assigned, I think they'll choose that one first, maybe, depending on the distance.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 02:53:00 am »

um.. i think the "bug" is that the wounded guy isn't hauled off elsewhere, now that the room belongs to someone else.

since he's going to be resting there for ages, the room (well.. bed) is just not going to be used by the owners

maybe hospital beds should be assigned by players?

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 03:20:00 am »

Actually, it should - I've got a room that had a wounded hunter, and he shared the bed with the owner. And as far as I saw, these dwarfs weren't married or anything either - room was just designated to one dwarf.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 03:54:00 am »

Hi!  There is another thread about this topic here:
http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000644
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.