Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: possible bug?  (Read 474 times)

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
possible bug?
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:55:23 am »

Just noticed something. When i started a new world, because i got abit tired of the old one, and wanted to start fresh, i noticed that military squads disappear. I made a squad in the new save, and then went back on the old save. then i noticed that the squad was gone. also my commander had been taken off duty.

Is this a bug? or what?

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
Re: possible bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:56:49 am »

Yup. It's a bug. Had it happen to the fortress of Prisonrape, they all dropped their gear and left duty, and then I couldn't track down their gear in the stocks screen, either.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:53 am »

This sort of thing was known to happen in earlier 0.31.xx versions (not sure if it was ever fixed) if you saved one fortress and then immediately loaded another one without exiting and restarting Dwarf Fortress - squad information from the previous fortress was remaining in memory and messing with your newly loaded fortress. The solution is, of course, to always quit and restart Dwarf Fortress between saving one game and loading another.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:35:50 am »

This sort of thing was known to happen in earlier 0.31.xx versions (not sure if it was ever fixed) if you saved one fortress and then immediately loaded another one without exiting and restarting Dwarf Fortress - squad information from the previous fortress was remaining in memory and messing with your newly loaded fortress. The solution is, of course, to always quit and restart Dwarf Fortress between saving one game and loading another.

oh, alright. that might be correct, as i never restart the game when i save and then load. :P thanks