Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cock Fights?  (Read 682 times)

cancel.man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cock Fights?
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:33:55 pm »

I have a rooster who sits in my meeting zone and randomly attacks... everything. Hens, dogs, idling dwarves... Nothing is ever killed by it, but lots of things get injured- bruises and such.

In my last fort it was an injured wolf that did the same thing- sat in the meeting zone and randomly attacked.

So what gives? Why are they attacking?
DF version 0.34.05 Lazy Newb Pack

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cock Fights?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:35:52 pm »

If animals sit in a cramped spot too long (sharing a tile) they will get pissed and start attacking things like a tantruming dwarf would.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 03:04:31 am »

This has given me a great idea...

Make a square of clear glass windows in a meeting area, like so:

XXX
XOX
XXX

Channel out the square over the O from above, remove the ramp (you may need to wait with putting up one of the windows).

Pit in two rooster/animals/badgers/whatever from above.

Pretend that your dwarves are betting. Seeing as nobody makes coins anymore, you can pretend they're using rocks, or something.

Cockfight in the meeting hall!

(Note: Cockfighting is a very terrible thing that shouldn't be done, except in Dwarf Fortress. Do not facilitate cockfights by betting on them. Cocks need lots of cuddling and stroking.)
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:09:03 am »

!
Cocks need lots of cuddling and stroking

Hehehe....
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 03:14:45 am »

"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:49:40 am »

Make all of your roosters available as pets. Once two have been adopted, dump them in the fighting room and let them fight to the death. The owner of the winning rooster gets a room fit for a noble, while the owner of the loser has to sleep in the dormitory.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01