Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metroid Wars: Revival  (Read 3071 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Metroid Wars: Revival
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:22:14 pm »

Main Rule- You can do anything, as long as it does not make you invincible or if the judges have a problem with it.

For now, there is only one judge- me. Over time, I'll add more.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mining and Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Food (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapons and Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Super Weapons and You! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bases (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat and Events (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bounty Hunter Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Example Section (click to show/hide)

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:33:01 pm by ggamer »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Wars: Revival
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:52 pm »

You know what? I'm sorta interested, but I looked at the last logs and all the updates bore me, so you know what?

I'll play Galactic Federation Empire, but make an offer to ALL OTHER RACES. We don't care if you're a Space Pirate, a Bounty Hunter, a Rogue Faction, or even a bunch of genocidal Metroids. Quite frankly, wars are boring and a waste of time, and I'm sure you agree too. We want peace and prosperity for all. If we all work together, instead of beating each other up like fools, then we'll ALL win Metroid Wars, and then this game can finally end.
LOG: With the pacifists winning elections in the Galactic Federation, foreign policy experts breathe a sigh of relief. "We were concerned that they'd be a new series of Metroid Wars," said one scholar. "The election of Servant Corps could help to relieve tensions with the Space Pirates and possibly ensure a period of stability and peace that will allow us to resume trade with other empires."

It was inevitable that peace would reign. Despite being a massive Empire, the Galactic Federation had been wrecked with internal dissent and turmoil following the last Galactic Federation elections. The costs associated with perpetual warfare against the Space Pirates (and the disruption of previously valuable trade routes) have proven far too much for the Federation to handle, which have been forced into subsistence agriculture in order to survive. If the Federation is to have any chance at revival, it has to start a slow process of rebuilding from this low-level technology, and that means the Federation have an incentive to ensure no more warfare.

The Pacifist victory had coincided with a new wave of revisionist scholarship that has began rehabilitating the Space Pirates. "Most of the crimes attributed to the Space Pirates are greatly exaggerated," said the Intergalactic School of Space Piracy, "mostly rumors spread by individuals who disagreed with the ideology of the Space Pirates. The election of the Pacifists offer a chance for this pointless vendetta between the Federation and the Pirates, caused by misunderstandings on both sides."

Income: 50 credits (V1 Mining)
Food Production: Fishing, Version 3 (50 Credits)
Leader: Servant Corps
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:04:04 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:06:14 pm »

Can I be a piss-poor backwoods farmer whose "empire" consists of a dome with a farm in it on some planet that was too dull and resource-less to have been settled by anybody else?
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

couple of things.

First of, you're starting off on V1 for mining and V3 for fishing, both impossible.

It should look a little something like this-

Commander: ?
Race: Galactic Federation
Faction: Servant Corps
Base: ?
Alignment: ?
Allies: Galactic federation
Neutral: Everyone
Enemies: Noone, fighting is wrong :I
---
Credits (+50 a day)

Starting: 500
Mining: +50
Spending: -0
Total: 550
----
Logistics (+5 a day)

?
----
Food (+10 a day)

20 fish
---
Pirate Training Academy (N/A)

20 vegan troops

20 / 10000 Normal Infantry
----
Space Port

N/A
----
Factory

N/A
----
Defenses

N/A
----
Advanced Research Laboratory

1:--
2:--
3:--
----
Research Vault

Miscellaneous Research
Mining V0, Food V0, Weapons V0, Armor V0, Inventory V0

----
Exploration Center

N/A
----
Construction Yard

1:--
2:--
3:--
4:--

----
Base Buildings
Used Power / Total Power
2 / 10

HQ (2 Power)

----
Log 0001:

We don't care if you're a Space Pirate, a Bounty Hunter, a Rogue Faction, or even a bunch of genocidal Metroids. Quite frankly, wars are boring and a waste of time, and I'm sure you agree too. We want peace and prosperity for all. If we all work together, instead of beating each other up like fools, then we'll ALL win Metroid Wars, and then this game can finally end.
LOG: With the pacifists winning elections in the Galactic Federation, foreign policy experts breathe a sigh of relief. "We were concerned that they'd be a new series of Metroid Wars," said one scholar. "The election of Servant Corps could help to relieve tensions with the Space Pirates."

It was inevitable that peace would reign. Despite being a massive Empire, the Galactic Federation had been wrecked with internal dissent and turmoil. The costs associated with perpetual warfare against the Space Pirates have proven far too much for the Federation, which have been forced into subsistence agriculture in order to survive. If the Federation is to have any chance at revival, it has to start a slow process of rebuilding from this low-level technology and ensure that peace reign in the galaxy.

The Pacifist victory had coincided with a new wave of revisionist scholarship that has began rehabilitating the Space Pirates. "Most of the crimes attributed to the Space Pirates are high exaggerated," said the Intergalactic School of Space Piracy, "mostly rumors spread by individuals who disagreed with the ideology of the Space Pirates. The election of the Pacifists offer a chance for this pointless vendetta because the Federation and the Pirates, caused by misunderstandings on both sides."

Unless you're being sarcastic, In which case, STFU.

---

Dr. D, Sure. It would be more of a rouge faction thing, minus the hatred.

You could just make food and sell it. I guess, sure.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »

Well I thought we start with V1 Mining, and your chart did say I get 50 creds/day. I thought what was going on was that yyou have to pay for different versions of everything, for example, to get V0 farming, I have to pay 10 credits. I also didn't know i start with 500 credits...so huh. Your little starting update is very useful. Let me use it.
Commander: servant Corps
Race: Galactic Federation
Faction: Servant Corps
Base: Space Base
Alignment: Good
Allies: Galactic federation
Neutral: Everyone
Enemies: Noone, fighting is wrong :I
---
Credits (+50 a day)

Starting: 500
Mining: +50
Spending: -0
Total: 550
----
Logistics (+5 a day)

?
----
Food (+10 a day)

20 fish
---
Pirate Training Academy (N/A)

20 vegan troops

20 / 10000 Normal Infantry
----
Space Port

N/A
----
Factory

N/A
----
Defenses

N/A
----
Advanced Research Laboratory

1:Food V2: +10%
2:Food V2: +10%
3:Food V2: +10%

Total is that I am 30% towards completing research for Food V2, correct?
----
Research Vault

Miscellaneous Research
Mining V0, Food V0, Weapons V0, Armor V0, Inventory V0

----
Exploration Center

N/A
----
Construction Yard

1:Research Lab = 10%
2:Research Lab = 10%
3:Research Lab = 10%
4:Generator = 10%

----
Base Buildings
Used Power / Total Power
2 / 10

HQ (2 Power)

...I'll keep my credits, I don't really see what would be the point of them right now. You already seen my logs, so I don't see the reason to repost them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:17:15 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 08:16:59 pm »

well, You need credits to research, and to build things.

I might as well start too. log incoming, Imeh playin' Kriken :D

Spoiler: Log 0001 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:29:01 pm by ggamer »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:24 pm »

Oh really? Okay, uh, how much does it cost to research and build?

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 08:21:54 pm »

Lesee, I've got 2 acres of farmland, a still, a water recycler thingy, a generator (nuclear), and air scrubbers. I have a tractor. I can only grow enough food for myself, and I don't need none of you fancy book learnin'. I am of the faction of Billy Bob's Backwoods Farm. I have no credits, but 30 gallons of moonshine.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:34:27 pm »

I'll add this to the List, but here's the costs as related to tiers.

Research-

V0- 50 credits, unless you start with it.
V1- 100 credits.
V2- 150 credits.
V3- 300 credits.
V4- 500 credits.
V5- 1k credits.

Construction-

V0- 50 credits
V1- 100 credits.
V2- 300 credits.
V3- 600 credits
V4- 1k credits
V5- 2.5k credits

---
Lesee, I've got 2 acres of farmland, a still, a water recycler thingy, a generator (nuclear), and air scrubbers. I have a tractor. I can only grow enough food for myself, and I don't need none of you fancy book learnin'. I am of the faction of Billy Bob's Backwoods Farm. I have no credits, but 30 gallons of moonshine.

Farmland as food input, mining moonshine, less research...

Hokay, worked out some pros and cons.

Pros-

-Can sell agriculture, as well as refined moonshine, at a 1/1 exchange.

-Gets a +10 bonus to food

-Lofty barns gives you +5 Inventory

Cons-

-Learnin'? cannot obtain research on it's own, must invade others for it.

You start with 500 gallons o' moonshine, and have 20 farmhands.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:24 am »

Id want to play as splinter space pirates. Im thinking they are a bunch of engineers who ran off to build superweapons and not be bothered by the wars and stuff. So, cheaper superweapons and lose the research penalty, but takes much longer to build ships(no one wants to make the boring things). Maybe have to lose the small ships bonus if it seems unfair like this.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 02:27:49 pm »

A big pro and a big con would work.

Pro-
-They get to build superweapons faster (-100% from research and building on superweapons)

Con-
-they build ships MUCH slower (all ship construction is halved.)

and my log for the day:

Spoiler: Log 0002 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:54:37 pm by ggamer »

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »

In the game, all the farmhands are family and I'm married to my cousin. LETS BREW SOME MOONSHINE!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 10:25:34 am »

You mean I have to get 100% less research and building on them? I would really prefer something a bit more scaling for the omegas and betas, especially due to of the scaling con, and I wont get the regular space pirate stuff right? Anyway, I will set up my thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think you mixed up the amount of building slots and research slots in your template thing, I corrected it myself here. I left some notes in, and havent done the actual turn, so please look it through.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 02:28:01 pm »

huh. you're right, research is 4, construction is 3. wewps.

Logistics/inventory accounts for supplies that you use to build and maintain things. Like weapons and armor for troops, and fuel and steel for making vehicles. You start out with 150 inventory that you can allocate to whatever you want. With inventory V0, you get +5 inventory per day, meaning you can add 5 things to the supply list.

As far as hydroponics go, you have to research it (100c, 100% research) as well as build a hydroponics center. This gives you the benefit of double food income, at the cost of research.

You also forgot the actual log, where you recount what was done that day.

other than that, this is good.

Spoiler: Log 0003 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:39:10 pm by ggamer »