Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ho. Ly. Crap.  (Read 1382 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Ho. Ly. Crap.
« on: April 10, 2011, 04:32:32 pm »

I just started out as an adventurer.
I was headed to the capital to collect a companion or two, when...
The Flutes of Land attacked!
Two elves? No problem...wow, the leader has a lot of high-value stuf-wait, is that a bronze flail?

Short story short, I was slain by the other elf's lucky headshot with a bronze battleaxe.

And I didn't even get to see the new town layouts... :'(

But HOW did the elves have metal? EDIT: My elven adventurer had to deal with an alder training sword! Insanity!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:43:25 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Ho. Ly. Crap.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »

1. I think they steal it.
2. Someone said something about Elves having Iron in worldgen... related...?  :-\
3. The towns haven't changed yet... ;)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 05:12:39 pm »

1. I think they steal it.
2. Someone said something about Elves having Iron in worldgen... related...?  :-\
3. The towns haven't changed yet... ;)
Oh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 06:56:56 pm »

elves and elf bandits are different. Bandits steal whatever they can get and regular elves are confined by the wood in their entity raws.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.