Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crutch bug?  (Read 599 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crutch bug?
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »

Just started a new adv game 31.25, and my speed has been cut to about 325 after picking up a crutch. I am perfectly healthy, have not seen a single battle, and even if I drop the chest I am lugging around, carrying nothing, my speed is still 325. More then that, I seem to have points as a crutch walker now.

How in blazes am I going to outrun the night now?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Crutch bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 07:29:54 pm »

It seems any crutch you pick up is equipped in the latest version.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

The Tyrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Si non confectus, non reficiat.
    • View Profile
Re: Crutch bug?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:11:50 pm »

I've never had this problem myself, but I think I read somewhere that you can fix this by [r]emoving the crutch from your backpack then [d]rop it.
Stove has created The Consequences of Biting, a legendary MSPaint engraving. It is studded with pixels, encrusted with pixels, and menaces with spikes of pixels and hanging rings of pixels. On the item is an image of SOME SERIOUS SHIT.