Author Topic: Metals?  (Read 469 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Metals?
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:10:39 pm »

Okay, I understand the new thing about trying to make metals scarce, but is there any way to make it so that I have metals? Or do metals only appear in places that say "shallow metal" and "deep metal"?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

DoctorMonch

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Vivisectionist
    • View Profile
    • History Of Bowmined
Re: Metals?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

One of the easiest ways I've seen is just to generate a world with higher resource amounts.

Also, volcanoes tend to have tons of metals.
You lock MonkeyHead's right upper arm with your left hand!
Don't make me Shift-A>Enter>a>Enter>Enter.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:32 pm »

Yeah, change the metal scarcity to 100, and you get everything everywhere basically (layer permitting, ofc.)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »

Or do metals only appear in places that say "shallow metal" and "deep metal"?
Yes. If it doesn't say either, it will have no metal ever (except the stuff deeeeeeeeeeeeeep down).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:18:28 pm »

Thank you all.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.