Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trader-crash  (Read 401 times)

Axle Gear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trader-crash
« on: November 21, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

This is recreatable.
When trading, something (a counter-offer?) triggers the game to crash.

This can be triggered by any amount of mass-trading, especially making multiple offers.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Trader-crash
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:07:00 pm »

When you say it's recreatable, do you have a save?  I haven't been able to do this in 33b.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 08:54:00 am »

I just did it last night, but the trader never counter-offered, he told me several times that my offer was not enough (no counter-offer), so I upped it by about 30% and then when I traded, it crashed. 33b no mods

edit: no save close to trade time, sorry.

[ November 22, 2007: Message edited by: Thallone ]

Sofaspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 04:03:00 am »

Just chiming in to note I've run into the same (I think) problem, but in my case it's twice been after the trader says "won't you think of my poor animals?" (I'm paraphrasing here).

It only seems to happen, as mentioned, when doing mass trading.  I haven't had any problems when doing just a few items.  This last one I was attempting to trade 50 or more (easy) and had triggered the weight complaint, backed down the number of things I was trying to trade, hit 't', and bam, crashola.

And stupid me, no save anytime recently.  So I'm not sure how much help this'll be.

EDIT: I just remembered something that struck me as odd.  The topmost item in the trader's list was "(prases)" without the quotes, whatever the hell "prases" are.  I assumed it was a misspelling of "praises", and that the merchant was offering to praise my glory for my hand-crafted mini-forges or something.  What can I say, I'm tired.  Anyway, if that helps narrow it down any, great.

[ November 24, 2007: Message edited by: Sofaspud ]

Can't... stop... laughing...:<BR>"... but at least in DF if Elves chained themselves to trees it would just mean an extra ax stroke or two." --Forumsdwarf<BR>"Would the owner of the red GCS silk socks, please pick them the f*** up, you left your FPS void on." --MadJax

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:18:00 am »

Prase

Many of the weird words in this version probably have entries on mindat.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!