Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I train biting?  (Read 1317 times)

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
How do I train biting?
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:47:53 am »

The military guy from my starting seven turned out to be the expedition leader.  I made her my military commander anyway, and in between not speaking to the diplomats she managed to lose both her hands.  I replaced her as military commander and let her be a civilian, but now a different dwarf has been elected mayor.  I kind of want to put her back in the military now and train her in biting (she can't hold weapons!)  How should I do this?  Can I get her to bite instead of kick?  If I put her in my danger room, will she block the training spears with her teeth and skill up?

Adon * Amil * Orethan

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I train biting?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:10:08 am »

MAGMA. Sorry. Just had to say that. Danger rooms and normal training.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:21:36 am »

Don't dorfs train biting just by eating? Just gobble up a few plump helmets and you will be legendary fatass biter in no time.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:24:59 am »

Current Job: Watch Biting Demonstration

That sounds like fun.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:23:06 am »

Cut both of her feet, heal the wounds and give her two crutches. Without feet and arms, she'll push bite.

I doubt biting can be trained in a danger room though. You might want to put her in a small 3x3 room with loads of near-harmless animals (like poults/chicks), so that they may fight and she will train.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:28:01 am by Naryar »