Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One stone won't be dumped  (Read 384 times)

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
One stone won't be dumped
« on: November 21, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »

I tried to build a mason's workshop where there was some stone. I got the message that something was blocking the site so I marked all the stone on those tiles to be dumped. The dwarves moved all the stone except one. I removed the workshop designation and tried again. Nothing. Idle dwarves won't touch it. I tried marking other stones around it to be dumped. The dwarves move them immediately... This seems to be a bug.

SupremeOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One stone won't be dumped
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »

That's probably the stone designated to build the Mason's Workshop, so they refuse to haul it as it is designated for something else.

"q" over the incomplete workshop, and hit "s" to un-suspend construction (it should be suspended, if it isn't then there may be another problem going on)

Edit:  I didn't see that you tried removing the workshop designation.  When you did, did you place another one immediately or did you leave the space blank for a while?

[ November 21, 2007: Message edited by: SupremeOverlord ]

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by SupremeOverlord:
<STRONG>That's probably the stone designated to build the Mason's Workshop, so they refuse to haul it as it is designated for something else.

"q" over the incomplete workshop, and hit "s" to un-suspend construction (it should be suspended, if it isn't then there may be another problem going on)

Edit:  I didn't see that you tried removing the workshop designation.  When you did, did you place another one immediately or did you leave the space blank for a while?

[ November 21, 2007: Message edited by: SupremeOverlord ]</STRONG>

I left it empty - ie. no mason workshop. They still wouldn't touch it.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 04:08:00 am »

I have several stones strewn around the fortress that dwarves absolutely refuse to move, but never before did I get one under a planned building location.
I'd just put the workshop somewhere else.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Razzums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »

I found out how to fix this... Press k on it and make it forbidden. Then un pause the game, then press k on it again and make it un forbidden. There you go.
ey