Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Combat equiping question  (Read 284 times)

jmucchiello

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Combat equiping question
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:16:34 am »

Total noob here. I was in a fight and the opponent's attack caused me to drop my sword. So I pick it up and it says I put it in my backpack (2handed sword in a backpack?). No matter what keys I hit I could not get the weapon into my hand. Did I miss something?

eugene

• Bay Watcher
  • careful with that axe
    • View Profile
Re: Combat equiping question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:24:58 am »

You wield weapons and shields by simply picking them up, but picking up any other item will also leave them in your hands and any additional item picked up will be put into your backpack. So if you pick up your sword and it goes into your backpack you should check if there is another item in your hands, key (i) for inventory. Sometimes while wrestling you rip of clothing or other things from your opponents and they remain in your hand.

If that doesn't work you may want to check if your hands are still there (z), missing body parts are dark grey.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Combat equiping question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 05:22:55 am »

Any damage to arms that causes you to drop weapon will most likely also remove your ability to grasp with that particular hand. Which could be temporary or permanent (the latter is the case if you suffered nerve damage). Check your 'h'ealth from status screen ('z').