Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tiny suggestion regarding the worldgen screen.  (Read 1196 times)

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tiny suggestion regarding the worldgen screen.
« on: April 06, 2011, 08:42:39 am »

I create a new world, and see it generate before my very eyes! Astounding visions of rivers sprouting from the ground and fiercely flowing, mountains rising majestically and forests growing wherever the wind blows. Beautiful!
Though, I see the whole process in a small window to the right. It is very small, made especially egregious when maximizing the window. Which I always do. So here's the suggestion;

How about a worldgen window that follows the same rules that legends>map does? Expanding if there is room in the window for it! Doesn't sound too hard, and probably won't be needed to mess with further down the development line.
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny suggestion regarding the worldgen screen.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:04 pm »

Seconded VERY heartilly.

More screens should scale to the size of the window than already do, especially Worldgen.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

D34dlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:43:23 pm »

This sounds awesome.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 02:45:45 am »

There's a lot of screens that don't take advantage of larger-than-default windows yet. I'd be surprised if this sort of thing wasn't already on Toady's to-do list, albeit with fairly low priority. Still a great idea, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 08:20:45 am »

I wasn't expecting this to get *any* response whatsoever! xD
But yeah, optimizing all sorts of screens to the larger-than-default format is a valuable change that prob'ly takes little effort and time, and once it's done; it's done forever. Huzzah!
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:58 am »

sometimes... i just generate a world for the hell of it

so pretty

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:06:25 pm »

Seconded VERY heartilly.

More screens should scale to the size of the window than already do, especially Worldgen.
Yep. I...how many is it now?...this general idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:12:25 pm »

Quote from: Kogut
Part of menus are not using full screen space - for example main menu, trading menu etc. Is it by bug/by design/sth that is planned to do but less important than other stuff?

You mean if you go beyond the initial 80x25 grid resizing the window?  We'll get to that eventually.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.