Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speedin' up Boatmurdered  (Read 565 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Speedin' up Boatmurdered
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »

I've recently been playing with the Boatmurdered version of DF.

However:

It is really slow. And there's no way in the init or raws to make my dwarves about, oh, say, three times as fast?

Is there a utility for this?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Speedin' up Boatmurdered
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:33:54 pm »

It is really slow. And there's no way in the init or raws to make my dwarves about, oh, say, three times as fast?
Add a [SPEED:XXX] tag to the dwarf raws. Normal speed is 900, I think, so three times as fast would have XXX as 300.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Speedin' up Boatmurdered
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:36:06 pm »

What's your computer setup like? I get like 0fps on embark on this computer, and my old computer started doing the same thing after it went in for repairs.

Probably not an issue that can be solved by a general question, but hey, worth a try.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.