Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uniform Raws?  (Read 1243 times)

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Uniform Raws?
« on: April 04, 2011, 02:08:22 pm »

Silly question, but is there any way to modify any raws to change the standard uniforms?  I get a little tired of rebuilding the same uniforms with every new fort, and it would be nice to just change the default (archer, leather, metal) to something I could set that would last between forts.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uniform Raws?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:02:24 pm »

Hit the new uniform button.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »

Yeah..  You're missing the point.

I know how to make a new uniform within the fort.  The problem is, if I create a new fort, I have to remake that uniform.

bobahz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:10:14 pm »

Hit the new uniform button.

Dekon was asking about changing standard uniforms to use them in all new forts, your answer is irrelevant. I want to extend original question. Is there any way to copy Uniform set from current fortress to a new one?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:12:16 pm »

Yeah..  You're missing the point.

I know how to make a new uniform within the fort.  The problem is, if I create a new fort, I have to remake that uniform.

Oh. I see. I don't think so, but if it is possible, it would likely be buried somewhere in the 'data' folder.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »

I've always wondered about this.  I looked through the raws and in the init folder, but I couldn't find anything.

I have zero experience with macros, but can you possibly make a macro to do it?  The list of armor types and materials stay in the same positions, on the lists, across embarks, don't they?

It'd also be nice if you could copy a current uniform to be used as a template for another, so you could quickly and easily make different uniforms for different weapon types without having to re-enter all the pieces and their material types.  Quibbles, but it seems like it's just asking for this feature.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »

I have zero experience with macros, but can you possibly make a macro to do it?  The list of armor types and materials stay in the same positions, on the lists, across embarks, don't they?
Unfortunately, I don't think the armor types and materials don't quite stay in the same positions. Some armor pieces are randomly available or not depending on your civilization; this is most visible with high boots and low boots, one of which is occasionally unavailable. While they both should remain on the list, they wouldn't be in the same positions if you had a civ that had both compared to only one. In addition, bogeyman and forgotten beast leather is included on the materials lists, but there are somewhat varied numbers of those creatures, so any list that has leather on it would differ from world to world.

With some modding, you could probably bypass the armor type randomization problem. The game always chooses at least one of the COMMON armor types for each body position (for instance, one SHOE piece), so if you made sure that there was exactly one armor type for each body position, you'd bypass that issue. The leather issue might be more troublesome, but I'm 90% sure that metals are typically at the top or bottom of the lists, so that may not be a problem anyway. There's no real reason not to try, at least.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!