Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trapped in a pit  (Read 1105 times)

ougadas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trapped in a pit
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:07:47 am »

So, as the title says, I'm trapped in a pit.

I was trekking back from the slaughter of a hydra when I "started feeling uneasy" and was pulled into battle.

The problem is that I started out in a pit. I'm the only one in the pit.

Whatever it was that frightened me enough to pull me into battle apparently isn't too determined to attack, and all of my henchmen are standing around the edge of the pit with stupid looks on their faces.

I can't quick travel, sleep, or do anything because "I feel uneasy". I've been like this for quite a while now.

Is there any way out of this, or is my legendary swordsman just kaput?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped in a pit
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 09:10:13 am »

Just keep on walking around in the pit. Eventually, you will be allowed to travel.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 01:45:27 am »

Well, sounds like a good opportunity for "sneaking" practice. Go into (S)neak mode and make a macro to walk around the pit over and over again. As AoD says you should be able to fast travel out eventually, probably after gaining several levels in ambushing and some attribute points. You could also try using Alt+direction to climb out but I don't think that will work.

Alternately you could pick up rocks and knap and/or throw them to raise archery and attribs. Whatever you do you might as well take the opportunity to powerlevel something since you may just end up doing it somewhere else when you aren't stuck.

ougadas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 10:17:59 am »

Sadly it was in soil.  :-[

I didn't think of the sneaking although I did make a macro to walk back and forth. I'll remember that for next time.

After an hour running the macro I came back and still couldn't quick travel, so I just bit the bullet and retired him.

It wasn't that big a loss, but I was hoping there was some way out since I've had this happen quite regularly.. but usually it's a lion or cheetah or bear and the combat is quick and painless... well, for me at least.