Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hard to find iron now  (Read 765 times)

Rover963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hard to find iron now
« on: April 04, 2011, 04:28:53 pm »

I'm having trouble finding iron in .25. Is there a way to change the embark screen to look like what it used to? I've even tried removing all aquifers and adding iron to all mineral layers in the raws, but the game crashes on embark :/

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hard to find iron now
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »

I'm having trouble finding iron in .25. Is there a way to change the embark screen to look like what it used to? I've even tried removing all aquifers and adding iron to all mineral layers in the raws, but the game crashes on embark :/
Embark somewhere likely to have sedimentary layers.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 05:33:39 pm »

No, there is no way to change the screen back to how it was, unfortunately. Just go to places that say Flux Stone, they're usually shallow sedimentary (could be limestone, dolomite, or chalk) and have iron among other useful thingummies like coal and lignite. If they're marble, though, then tough luck.
This is because of a bug where the embark screen shows only flux stone near the surface, but not the marble usually found deep underground. So you won't be able to use the site finder to do this.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »

Adjust the advanced worldgen settings so that mineral scarcity is at the lowest value. Low value means plentiful resource. High value means rare resources.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »

I tend to run into one of two problems. Iron but no flux, or flux, but nothing to flux with.