Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Dwarvenly Death  (Read 600 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Dwarvenly Death
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »

The day was muggy, one in a line of many.

My fortress has been under constant seige by the dead, but my stalwart miners did a good job of keeping everyone safe. Badger people were bludgeoned, Rhesus Macaque zombies quickly got turned into Rhesus Pieces... but then....

That damn Cougar.

It attacked and killed a mason. What he was doing outside I have no idea. My military was sent to counter... [military being my three miners.]

One met the beast on a bridge over a raging river, and fierce combat ensued. The details are spotty, as the only witnesses were the other two miners, still a ways away, but here is what happened.

The fight was ferocious, and the cougar deadly. The miner, determined to protect his people from any more senseless deaths, fought the monster to a stalemate above the torrent of water. He struck, a powerful blow, but the creature dodged... and fell into the river below.

But no. This dwarf wanted vengeance.

He leapt into the river, not satisfied with the beast possibly surviving, and coming back to take out any more civilians. He grabbed the  beast in the waters and fought it there, killing it once and for all... and sacrificing himself in the process, drowning in the fast moving river.

May he always be remembered. Never forget.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Dwarvenly Death
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »

Best dwarf ever. Commemorate the greatest tomb in the history of Dwarf Fortress to him.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".