Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I want the elves to bring more tamed animals...  (Read 1902 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I want the elves to bring more tamed animals...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:32:24 am »

Just keep killing them until they learn to read your mind!  ;D
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:26 am »

I havea ton of everything except wood (I cleared  the forest 3 times over in the last few years, after goblins started showing up I decided to just let traders bring the wood in) and animals so they tend to bring a lot of those two - thus I have no real conflict with them, the tame grizzly bear is a nice addition to my forward guard post.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 12:12:09 pm »

Well, it seems to work. They brought plenty of animals this year. Including two grizzly bears and a wolf (last one's only mildly useful when you breed giant desert scorpions, giant jaguars, giant leopards and grizzly bears) . Goodie.

I think i'm going to buy from them fairly this time. I don't want more enemies.

However, no big benefits for you elves.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:22:35 pm by Naryar »

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:44 pm »

Modify the raws,  remove the reaction to create rope reed cloth from the elven entry and/or reduce the value of rope reed to 0
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »

Just keep killing them until they learn to read your mind!  ;D

Violence is the fastest, simplest and best solution to all problems.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »

So I pilfered the elf caravan for three years, picking some of their best goods for seizing (I even killed one of their camels IIRC) and generally being a complete Jerk Ass VILLAIN towards them, and the fourth year I decided to trade with them generously and give them quite a bit of benefit, even giving them a quite valuable roast pile as a gift.

Now, fifth yearn they came with THIS :

Pretty good... now should I trade with them generously or not ?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 04:59:39 pm »

the "anger elves and get more stuff" thing doesn't really apply anymore.
What would happen is that elves could only bring a fraction of what they can now, and cloth was at the top of the list so they'd pack in as much cloth as they could and bring it over.  If they liked you, they would make more of everything, but they could only fit cloth in their caravans.  So if you killed them, they would bring less cloth making more room for other stuff, but that doesn't apply anymore since pack animals got a huge inventory boost.  Making them happy is more likely to get you more animals, you don't have to worry about space.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 05:26:25 pm »

OK, I'm going to try to be a nice guy Pragmatic Villain and give them plenty of benefits to get more animals.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:03 pm »

After they brought me a grizzly the best thing they brought me next year was a rhesus macaque - they were all promptly slaughtered and rhesus pieces were made for all to snack on.
Pages: 1 [2]