Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing the [CLOTHING] flags  (Read 783 times)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
Removing the [CLOTHING] flags
« on: May 01, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »

Hello fellow dorfs!

I finally was able to make a sustaining fort that lasted 10 years, and I've finally ran into the infamous lag monster. (less than 15 FPS)

I read that some people believe that the item count is partially responsible for this, and as such, removing clothing could be a way to remove some of the "clutter".

I read that if you modified the entity files and removed;

[Clothing]
[Subterranean_Clothing]

In the default Entity file for dwarfs, it should remove their "ability" or "need" to wear clothes. (Wasn't sure which). Althouhg, I did remove those flags, at embark all my dwarfs were wearing clothes. (I did select PLAY NOW!)

Would it be possible to simply delete those items from the raw files? Meaning, remove the data file for socks,shoes, vests...?

I'm actually going to try to remove clothing from all the other races, that way when I goblin comes he wouldn't be carrying 50 items with him. (exaggeration for added effect!) :( Plus, usually invaders have either LARGE or SMALL clothing which is useless. (could be sold)

Can anyone help me accomplish this task! :D

Thanks in advance!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Removing the [CLOTHING] flags
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »

You have to remove all the [ARMOR:x] tags that tell them how likely they are to wear clothing.  Look in the file for armor and look how many of them aren't made from hard materials.  Those are clothes (pants, for example).  Remove those tags and your dwarves will be naked.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:03:41 pm »

What does the clothing flag do then?
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:09 pm »

Tells them to seek out and wear clothes.  The tags like [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT:COMMON] tell them what kind of armor to wear, and also what kind of armor they can create.

Only that armor happens to be clothing, as does alot of it.  Remove them and there will be no clothes either given to migrants/embarkees or able to be made at the clothiers.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »

Ahh gotcha!

Although I'm being teased by this amazing tool I saw on the DFHack website, altough it's in source code, and for the love of me, I can't figure out how to compile it into an .EXE.

There is a "how to" but it's multiple mini guides, and I have no idea which section applies to what, and which of them I should do and in what order. Yeah, I know, I'm clueless.

I really hope someone posts it compiled. I would be the happiest man ever.

I could get all the 100's of items, that my dwarf REFUSE to pick up. I mean I was using DFliquids with magma out of desperation. This tool will give me back a lot of FPS that is being wasted calculating the decay of useless invader clothing that nobody wants to touch! :P
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.