Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butcher wont eat his plump helm!  (Read 500 times)

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Butcher wont eat his plump helm!
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:31:32 am »

I have a butcher running around with a plump helm in his hands, checking out lots of different tables in a dining room, but never sitting at any of them. He's started becomming thirsty and am worried he is going to die from thirst while he runs around frantically looking for a place to sit.(his activity is listed as eat)

Anyone have this happen? Can I save him before he dies, or will he get so thirsty that he gives up trying to eat? It may have had something to do with removing the tempory dining room as he just started doing this straight afterwards. Everyone else is using the dining rooms properly.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Butcher wont eat his plump helm!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:10:00 am »

Try dumping his food?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:27:27 am »

Is he assigned to a burrow?  If so, unassign him.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:31:48 am »

Try dumping his food?
Yays! My fort thanks you EJ! Selecting the plump helm from v-i then going into the item, while dumping didn't stop him from playing musical chairs with his precious plump helm, forbidding it worked like a charm. Said his meal was interupted from lost or destroyed item and he ran off, hopefully not to grab another plump helm :P
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 10:33:20 am »

Is he assigned to a burrow?  If so, unassign him.
No burrows assigned to anyone right now. I had even tried removing the chairs and tables, but he just went to the next group to do his dance at. Forbidding the plump helm sorted out his wagon :)