Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunters spam pathing errors after getting to first cavern  (Read 432 times)

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunters spam pathing errors after getting to first cavern
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:09:28 am »

Topic title says it all. They are trying to get down into my pit so they can get to the cavern, but for some reason they cant path there. Any way to fix this? Maybe dig straight down into the cavern?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters spam pathing errors after getting to first cavern
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 11:15:22 am »

Version? There were several bugs sounding very similar to this fixed in the latest versions.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:21:23 am »

I rerouted the way into the cavern, which stopped the collect web spam, but the rangers are still having trouble remembering how to move. It fixed it shortly, but then started up again.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:49 am »

Chop down all the trees...

What I have seen happen is a dwarf picks a target for his job, then between him choosing the target and getting to the location, a sapling matures into a tree blocking the route, causing the dwarf to spend the rest of eternity fussing about not being able to reach his target.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 12:04:09 pm »

Chop down all the trees...

What I have seen happen is a dwarf picks a target for his job, then between him choosing the target and getting to the location, a sapling matures into a tree blocking the route, causing the dwarf to spend the rest of eternity fussing about not being able to reach his target.

That would take forever. I momentarily solved the problem by putting them in the military (something i planned to do anyway) and forcing them to move. 2 minutes later theyre screaming at me again.

This also happened when i went into the 'o' menu and changed picking up bolts to yes. I havent done that this time though, so that cant be the problem.